Sweet n' Southern, Direct to your Oven...

Welcome to The Southern Oven!

Pull up a chair, sit right down and make yourself at home. Here at The Southern Oven, we take all the guess work out of a home cooked meal. Let us do all the work, and you take all the credit! All my life I have been surrounded by fabulous Southern cooks. So I am honored to bring what I have grown up eating right to your kitchen. The process is simple, just choose your casserole, order, and I will deliver it straight to you, tied up with cooking directions. Your job is to take it home, warm it up for your family and, most importantly, ENJOY!!



Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Rain, Rain........

Hi Everyone!

Good Rainy Wednesday Morning Friends!  We here at The Southern Oven have been busy as bees this week creating some delectable dinners for some of you!  I cannot tell you how blessed I feel that I have the support of such sweet friends out there.  I have to say that the baked spaghetti has been the odds on favorite this week.  Thanks so much again!  Let me assure y'all that this is a labor of love for me and I hope all of you out there who have ordered can taste the "love" that I try to add to each dish.  Now, let's get down to some business here......

I am about to create another "page" to the blog.  It will contain all the ordering procedures, sizes and prices.  I bet y'all are wondering if we will EVER get our Paypal button on this site.  We will, but once again, this is a learning process and I am still learning.  We will get it done, I give you my word!

Friday, I am having some photos taken of my food.  We here at The Southern Oven are super excited to get these photos taken so that I can show you all out there how delicious our dishes look....if only we had scratch and sniff blogs so that you could not only see, but smell........yummy!

I also promised you all out there some kitchen tips.  I do have many tips I have learned along the way and this week while making baked spaghetti, a few have come to mind.

Tip # 1:  To crack open a garlic clove, place it on your cutting board, lay the side of your knife on top, and use your fist to smash the clove.  Be careful not to cut yourself, it crushes the garlic, makes it not only easy to peel, but easier to chop AND you can get some frustration out!

Tip # 2:  To clean your wooden cutting board after chopping onions and garlic, squeeze lemon juice over the surface, sprinkle with a little salt and use a soft cloth to scrub.  Rinse well.  You may wash and dry thoroughly at this point and all the onion and garlic smell will be gone.

Tip # 3:  To make sure your pasta isn't too watery, place it back into your hot pasta pot after draining.  Place back on the stove (after turning off the heat, of course).  The heat from the pot will help "dry" the pasta.  Keep stirring though, you don't want to leave it too long, it may stick to the pot.  Drizzle olive oil and toss to keep your pasta from sticking together.

Well, folks, with that, we will say goodbye for now from The Southern Oven.  Please come back often and order you and your family some supper!  Our dishes also make wonderful gifts!  More delicious details to come............

No comments:

Post a Comment